Biyernes, Pebrero 10, 2012

Ohhlala Shangri-La

EDSA SHANGRI-LA MANILA : Stunning like a Miss Universe

Celebrating 20 years of  Execellence: Warm smiles upon entrance makes Edsa Shangri-La  distinctly amazing. 

The first time that I set my foot in Edsa Shangri-la was way back during my early grade school years. Manila was hosting then the 1994 Miss Universe and my dad hitched me in to check out the stunning ladies from all around the world where they were having a ball at the ballroom. My family was attending a wedding reception at that time in another room but since these gorgeous women were partying next to our function room; my dad grabbed me and my brother after having dinner to the Miss Universe ball leaving my mom and my grandmother clueless. During that night, we enjoyed partying with the girls from the Universe rather than dancing with the newly weds. It was a night to remember.

View from the room: The only luxury resort inspired hotel in the metropolis..Wanna a Boracay or Palawan  vacation? Think a again...Check out Edsa Shangri-La Manila instead.

Incomparable Beauty, Elegance and Sophistication best described Edsa Shangri-la like of those Miss Universe candidates. Majestic lobby, classy interiors and not to mention their well attentive staff makes every experience ultra memorable. My family regularly dines in at any of their dining outlets during special occasions. When I started earning money for a living, it was my turn to treat them back either for coffee with chocolates or pastries or an overnight stay. I just love the comfort of their rooms. Beds are soft and pillows are scented! For every Edsa Shangri-la stay, I cannot forget to chillax in their paradise inspired garden swimming pool. As far as I know they are the only luxury hotel in the metropolis who has a “beach” ambiance. Yeah, Edsa Shangri-la's garden is a mini-Boracay or Palawan. Beside it is the Chi spa where heaven pleasures can be felt. If your into tennis then no worries cause there's a court for you to play in but if your into cool music and cold drinks then E's Bar is the place to be where great Ortigas view awaits you. Heat, Paparrazi, Lobby Lounge among others must be never out of your list and after all the eating and drinking ends, Health Club is there to make your figure never be out of shape.

This year, as Edsa Shangri-la celebrates its 20 years of service, more and more fond memories will be remembered. And for sure I will keep on coming back to this so called “home” where the I have found great memories that is beyond compare even if I'd get to marry a Miss Universe.

Photo credits by www.shangri-la.com

THE MAKATI SHANGRI-LA MANILA: Feeling Royalty at High Tea


Coffee, High Tea or Me: Makati Shangri-la Manila's Lobby Lounge high tea never fails to impress me.
I usually spend my mid-afternoons taking out time to workout and do my regular fitness regimen but one time I decided to explore and hunt for something that is interesting. Instead of running around Ayala Triangle that afternoon, I walked inside Makati Shangri-la Manila and found a posh hang out place. Lobby Lounge is at the heart of the main hotel lobby and offers a spectacular view of the Shangri-la's garden. Open for 24 hours daily, they serve breakfast, lunch, cocktails, dinner, midnight snacks and even high tea. High Tea? yeah you heard it right, sounds new to you? yes for me! but after learning so much about this afternoon meal tradition, I just feel that I'm already a royalty.


Traditionally Filipino: Bibingka, beef kaldereta empanada, okoy, pandesal with chicken adobo spread, leche flan and rice pasta roll
High tea is a meal taken from 2-5pm originated in United Kingdom popularized by the upper classes and the royalties in 1840s. For us Filipinos, we call it "merienda" as inherited from the Spanish tradition of taking snacks. Traditionally tea is brewed in a tea pot served with milk or sugar. It is best paired with freshly baked goodies such as scones, cookies or cakes and sometimes added with sandwiches. For many years now, High tea tradition has evolved globally and you can actually try it being served in hotel cafes and coffee shops everywhere. Shangri-la makes high tea experience added with an orchestra background music that makes your afternoon hanging out so relaxing. I tasted their Classic and Filipino sets with Earl Grey tea that comes with milk. Absolutely, I enjoyed my high tea even got lost in time leaving the place late for my dinner appoinment. I just hope that in my next high tea, Queen Elizabeth of England would invite me to her Buckingham Palace so I could bring her our own Filipino snack favorites...empanada, bananaque and pancit! I'm sure after she tastes it, she'll gladly say.."Bloody good!"

Classic set: Cakes, pastries, muffins, scones and sandwiches

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento