Sabado, Pebrero 11, 2012

The Pen is my pal


Filipino luxury at its finest: The Lobby at the Peninsula Manila represents class beyond compare

Passing by Ayala Avenue almost everyday of my life reveals that I have memorized all the buildings and landmarks in the area. Whenever people ask me, where is this? how do I get there? Can I take a walk from here to there? I can assure everyone that I can provide correct directions. Ayala Avenue is probably one of the busiest places in Metro Manila. It's the country's biggest business and leisure destination and it wouldn't be complete without grand hotels that defines the great Filipino hospitality. In the corner of Ayala and Makati avenues, I guess that nobody will ever miss this place that has become a national landmark for many years. Known as the home of the grandest waterfalls and fountain in the metropolis, The Peninsula Manila is a haven for the most discriminating traveller. Popularly called as "The Pen" and "Manila Pen", it was the first ever hotel built outside of its mother hotel in Hongkong, coinciding the International Monetary Fund Conference in Manila held almost 3 decades ago. Since then, The Pen is renowned for providing the best accomodations in town. It's main lobby is touted as the hub of who's who in Manila, serving all day dining with a great view of its dramatic sunburst sculpture seen on it's 4 story ceiling. They got the best tasting but expensive "halo-halo", clubhouse sandwiches and ice cream in a bowl. At night, The Lobby turns into a romantic music hall where an orchestra set the mood for everyone's enjoyment. Perfect dating place? you got it right! but make sure you bring bundles of cash or else your credit card will suffer :-)



The Pen's experience: Sleeping is the best thing to do at The Peninsula Manila

Recently, I surprised my parents to stay here in celebration of their 30th year of marriage. We were given nice rooms with great views. Aside from that, General Manager Sonja Vodusek even sent us fruits and personalized cake for my parents...that was so sweet. Accomodations at The Pen are way different from other hotels I've stayed in, most noticeable was the interior designs that showcase Filipino artistry. I can't believe that these locally made materials could look so elegant with proper placements and lighting. Sleeping is the best thing to experience at The Pen. I can choose whatever type of pillow I want plus their bed made me want not to wake up anymore, but kidding aside, I really had a relaxing sleep.



Perfect place to unwind: Salon De Ning at The Pen describes glamour and sophistication at its best

Glamour and great service makes The Peninsula, a stand out from other luxury chains. Their commitment to bestow the best of service to all of its patron has given them a distinction that no other Manila hotel could comes close. I still remember when the entire world welcomed the new millenium, The Pen was the chosen venue for the music video shoot, where Regine Velasquez sang on top of the fountain together with hundreds of children that was broadcast worldwide at the stroke of midnight. And of course who wouldn't forget the government army rebellion that took place at the hotel lobby where gun fires damaged the walls and entrance doors. Guests and staff were kept safe. Thanks to the entire hotel staff for becoming heroes. These situations has proven that either in the best times or worst times, expect that people at The Pen will always treat you special and safe. That makes The Pen as my pal.

2 komento:

  1. I'm glad you like Manila Peninsula Sir James ^_^
    Btw im meowfie from manila peninsula
    I notice you say "credit card will suffer"
    Not anymore it won't
    with out new membership card...you will not just get the best unlimited ddiscount there is (Half off i swear) you also get neat freebies like free rooms , free food , cocktail , cake ,everything for your satisfaction and highest standards!


    In case you're interested just drop me by sometimes :)


    Happy Blogging!

    TumugonBurahin
  2. that's interesting pls hit me up over twitter @jamescuenca

    TumugonBurahin